Comprehensive Rehabilitation Services in Uganda (for people with disability) was established in 2006 as a private non-profit, non-governmental organization and is supported byChristian Blind Mission (CBM).
CoRSU Rehabilitation Hospital and Rehabilitation Centre on Entebbe Road provides Orthopaedic Surgery, Plastic Surgery and Rehabilitation, mainly for children with disability.
CoRSU Hospital is urgently looking for young and dynamic potential professionals in the following fields:
- 1.Volunteer Community Psychologist (2 positions)
- vReports to: Clinical Psychologist
Objective of the position:
- vTo be part of a team that develops and implements appropriate psycho-social therapy services to clients undergoing rehabilitation at CoRSU Rehabilitation Hospital and their attendants.
- vProvide CoRSU patients, attendants and or caregivers with relevant information under the guidance of the clinical psychologist, on the prevention of disability to promote a better quality of life and social inclusion of people with disability in their communities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- vAdvocates for child safeguarding and ensures adherence of the policy.
- vEncourages child participation through play activities at the out-patient and in-patient areas.
- vWorks with clients on a one-to-one basis, group, community or special setting based on their levels of function and severity of disability.
- vProvides psycho-social needs assessment for patients before they are seen by the clinical psychologist.
- vParticipates in the development of training materials under the guidance of the clinical psychologist and capacity building of staff to enable the staff to address basic psycho-social client needs.
- vEnsure up to date record keeping including case preparation, keeping continuous counseling notes and daily records, and prepare periodic reportsunder the guidance of the clinical psychologist.
- vRefer clients to the respective specialists for consultation and appropriate intervention under the guidance of the clinical psychologist.
- vEnsure proper handling of department equipment during, and after use.
- vParticipates in developing and or updating psychotherapy-specific rehabilitation protocols under the guidance of the clinical psychologist.
Qualification, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelors of Community Psychology
- At least 1year working experience working in a child centred setting.
- Good Communication and assertiveness skills.
- 2.Pharmacy Technician (1 position)
v Reports to: Pharmacist
v Objective of the Position:
v To issue out drugs to patients based on the prescriptions received, assist the Pharmacist in preparation of Pharmacy reports and drug orders as well as stock management.
v Duties and Responsibilities
v Receive written prescription or refill requests and verify that information is complete and accurate.
v Advises patients and attendants in the proper use and storage of medicines.
v Maintain proper storage and security conditions for drugs.
v Assist in the preparation of quality compounded medicines and extemporaneous preparations.
v Clean, and help maintain equipment and work areas, and sterilize glassware according to prescribed methods.
v Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against invoices, and inform supervisors of stock needs and shortages.
v Performs any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
v Qualification& Work Experience:
v Diploma in Pharmacy from a recognized institution & registered with the Allied Health Professionals’ Council.
v He/she must have at least 1 years' clinical work experience in dispensing.
- 3.Registered Nurse- 2positions
- vReports to: Head of Nursing
- vObjective of the position:
- vTo provide individualized patient care to diversity of patients to make significant difference in the lives of patients and their families.
Duties and Responsibilities
- vQualification, Skills & Experience:
- Registered Nurse preferably with a Diploma in Nursing
- Certificate in First Aid
- Registered with the Uganda Nurses and Midwives Council (UNMC)
- 1 - 2 years’ experience.
- Good communication skills.
- Conduct self professionally at all times.
- 4.Fundraising and Grants Officer (1 position)
- vReports To: Head of Strategic Information and Reporting
- vObjective of the Position:
To develop and implement CoRSU fundraising strategy, establish additional sources of funding and prepare attractive funding proposals and applications.
- a)Duties and Responsibilities:
Working in a team to review and implement CoRSU fundraising strategy by:
- Striving to achieve CoRSU’s agreed fundraising targets of UGX 650 million per year and increase it by 10% per year.
- Seeking specific grant funding opportunities to match hospital priorities.
- Helping to develop exciting new creative fundraising strategies through developing resources and working on publicity strategies.
- Developing successful fundraising events, including receptions for major donors and artistic performances.
- Identifying opportunities for funding by recruiting new supporters and advocates, who represent CoRSU on a local and international level such as friends of CoRSU and Good will ambassadors.
- Supporting the team to develop attractive resources to accompany CoRSU’s initiative of “putting patients first”.
- Ensuring that high quality grant applications are submitted on time.
Establishing additional sources of funding by;
- Working closely with the management and Research Coordinator to establish potential research funding opportunities and make detailed applications to trust funds and potential donors
- Establishing and maintaining clear fundraising systems and ensuring that regular funding applications are made on time.
- Monitoring the outcome of grant/ subsidy applications by establishing an appropriate data base for monthly reporting.
- Managing relationships with existing donors such as CBM, including regular reporting updates.
- Ensuring access of up-to date and accurate records of donations.
- Making presentations to potential donors including relevant follow up.
- Participating in the development of publications including Newsletter, Fliers, annual reports and Brochures
- Engaging with the public and other institutions to create and maintain networks.
- Updating the donor database.
- Organizing partnerships and participating in public fundraising drives.
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- University degree preferably in Fundraising, Grants Proposal writing, Project management or any other relevant field
- 3 years’ experience in funding proposal writing and a proven track record of writing successful grants.
- Demonstrated effective analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to research issues interpret and analyze information.
- Experience in working in the NGO/Not-for-Profit sector with proven track record of strategic planning, proposal writing and budgeting for institutional donors.
- Excellent writing, communication, presentation and social skills
Capable People with Disabilities (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.